President of the Steel Pan Association and Miss Plus Size and Elegant contestant Miss Claudine CharlesThe annual Steel Pan Celebration will return to its original venue when the show gets underway next week.Last year, the Steel Pan Association in collaboration with the Dominica Festivals Committee hosted a Pan Savanne Competition at the Carnival City in Pottersville which was won by the Genesis Steel Orchestra.Newly elected President of the Steel Pan Association and Miss Plus Size and Elegant contestant Claudine Charles announced earlier this week that the Association could not host the Pan Savanne Competition due to constraints and therefore have to revert to the Pan Celebration on the Dame Mary Eugenia Charles Boulevard in Roseau.Charles explained that several groups did not have sufficient time to practice and therefore had to drop out of the competition.“One of our main reasons is that one of our pan icons Mr. Andre who has been working with the Pan groups he is ill right now and that has caused a few groups to drop out like Pioneer; the kids were really looking forward to doing a presentation this year but last minute they had to drop out as well as the Brizee Steel Orchestra who had to drop out at the last minute because they are not prepared sufficiently for that.”Charles also stated that the Pan Celebration will feature the Mahaut Primary School Pan group as well as the Mahaut Senior group which are under her coordination.She says by teaching the primary school students this will assist in keeping steel pan music alive on the island. According to Charles working with these two groups has been a success as they have excelled and have made her proud.Genesis Steel Orchestra who won last year’s Pan Savanne Competition will also be featured at the Pan celebration including the Portsmouth group; two pioneering pan groups in Dominica.Charles said further that the Association has also organized a Steel Pan Float which several of the pan groups have joined.They are the Mahaut Steel Pan, Genesis and the Real Steel under the coordination of Mr. Martin. The Real Steel will be the Carnival float for jouvert as well as Carnival Monday’s parade on Monday as well as Tuesday. Charles noted that the Association is making every effort to ensure that steel pan music is forms part of the Carnival culture in Dominica. The Steel Pan Celebration is slated for February 7th on the Dame Mary Eugenia Charles Boulevard.Dominica Vibes News Share 15 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Tweet Share Share LocalNews Steel Pan Celebration returns to Bayfront by: – February 2, 2012
LocalNews Carib Sand and Stone Ltd undertakes tree planting exercise by: – June 5, 2012 Tweet Sharing is caring! Share Carib Stand & Stone staff planting trees with students of the World Environmental UnitCarib Sand and Stone Ltd have joined forces in observing World Environment Day today, June 5th, 2012.Staff of that organization teamed up with members of the Forestry, Wildlife and Parks Division to embark upon a tree and flower planting exercise along the Pointe Michel to Loubiere road from 8 o’clock this morning.General Manager Jean-Yves Bonnaire says while quarry operations have a negative impact on the environment because vegetation has to be removed to get the raw materials, “they are not the anti-environment monsters that many think they are”.He says there are developing consciences among professionals to mitigate the impact and better prepare restoration of sites.Dr. Darroux addressing St. Luke’s Primary School students“Developing awareness among employees and associating future generations is one of the objectives of this symbolic operation, Bonnaire says.The management of Carib Sand and Stone is also calling on the road uses to assist in keeping the area free or garbage.Most of the trees planted have been tagged with the names of the individual who planted them.Carib Sand & Stone (Dominica) Ltd, was officially incorporated on December 7th, 2005 to handle the development of quarrying activities on the island of Dominica.Press Release Share 127 Views no discussions Share
The police did not receive any casualties in the gunfight. They also weren’t able to confirm if they killed or wounded any NPA rebels. Both the police and Philippine Army conducted “hot-pursuit” operations against the rebels./PN BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA BACOLOD City – Troops of Regional Mobile Force Battalion of the Police Regional Office (PRO) 6 clashed with suspected insurgents of the New People’s Army (NPA) at Sitio Masapod in Barangay Nataban, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental. In a statement, the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office said the cops were conducting a routine patrol in the area when they encountered seven fully-armed NPA rebels early yesterday morning. However, the insurgents left behind several ammunitions belonging to an M16 assault rifle; an M1 Garand; and three 40mm grenades belonging to M203 grenade launcher. Police also recovered two detonating cords, an NPA flag, an NPA cap, subversive materials, and the rebels’ personal belongings. A seven-minute gun battle ensued until the rebels retreated to the southeast direction.
The Reds boss has been inspired by the access-all-areas footage of Jordan in his prime during the 1990s, when he became an iconic figure by using his unrivalled ability to lead the Bulls to glory. In a fascinating comparison, Solskjaer admits he sees similarities between the basketball legend and his former United captain Roy Keane, who, alongside Sir Alex Ferguson, drove our great club to unprecedented success around the same time as that celebrated Chicago Bulls team. When asked on the BBC’s Football Focus programme if he has put his football duties to one side during the ongoing lockdown, Solskjaer pointed out he will always be obsessed with the beautiful game and continues to work hard. However, in his free time, he admits the Jordan miniseries has caught his attention. “No you don’t put that on hold,” Ole explained to Dan Walker. “It never stops. If you are in a job, or not in a job, but have been bitten by the football bug then you always spend time on it. “I don’t think I’ve been different to anyone else. You watch TV, you watch series, you’ve got to switch off from football then, but then you find Netflix and you find The Last Dance about Michael Jordan. It takes me back to when I was a player and the great team of Sir Alex’s. Loading… “Michael Jordan, as a leader, you think of Roy Keane straightaway. There are so many similarities to my team, seeing that [Chicago Bulls] team, so it has been inspiring and a great watch.“ Solskjaer is not the only person at United who has been inspired by The Last Dance documentary, with assistant manager Mike Phelan among those who have been tuning in and taking notes. “This is some serious TV,” he tweeted via his official account earlier this week. “The very nature of elite sport as it was intended. Get your pen and paper out and watch. More in here for any player or coach than on an y webinar or course if you can decipher it. There’s the challenge!” “You see this absolute legend of basketball, how he started, what he went through, what he had to do to get to the top of his sport, and you can’t help but be motivated.”Aaron Wan-Bissaka on watching ‘The Last Dance’Meanwhile, from the squad, Aaron Wan-Bissaka revealed to us that he’s also been motivated by Jordan’s unrelenting desire to win at all costs. “I started watching The Last Dance, a big documentary about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls,” the young defender told us in late April. “I’m one episode in and already it’s so inspirational. read also:Sir Ferguson arrives ahead FA Derby against County “You see this absolute legend of basketball, how he started, what he went through, what he had to do to get to the top of his sport, and you can’t help but be motivated. During hard times, especially like we’re in now, it just makes you think about everything. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Like so many lovers of sport, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been binge-watching The Last Dance, a documentary series on Netflix, which chronicles the career of NBA legend Michael Jordan and has a particular focus on the Chicago Bulls’ dramatic 1997/98 season. Promoted Content10 Extremely Gorgeous Asian ActressesThe 6 Weirdest Things You Can Learn On WikiHow7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too Far10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithAir Pollution Is Rapidly Decreasing Thanks To COVID-19
A mother has been charged after authorities say her children were found wondering in subfreezing temperatures after she left them alone in the home.The incident occurred on December 3rd in the Village of Venetie, Alaska.Officials say a neighbor contacted police to conduct a welfare check after a five-year-old showed up to her home carrying their 18-month-old sibling.Authorities said the older child became scared after the power went out and wearing only socks and light clothing, carried the smaller child half a mile over to the neighbor’s home.The temperature was said to be around -31 F at the time and both children suffered cold-related injuries.Officials were able to make contact with the children’s mother 37-year-old Julie Peter, who admitted to leave the children unattended. She has since been booked her in the Fairbanks Correctional Center on one charge of endangering the welfare of a child in the 1st degree.
Many are mourning the death of a 34-year-old high school football coach from Fort Lauderdale’s Dillard High School.Coach Eddie Frasier led the high school team to a perfect regular reason in his first year as the team’s head coach. He was named the 2019 George F. Smith High School Coach of the Year by the Miami Dolphins.The cause of death is still unknown, but NBC Miami reported it was not related to the coronavirus.We send our condolences to the Dillard High School community on the passing of Head Football Coach Eddie Frasier. pic.twitter.com/flsqu7ya8F— Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) April 13, 2020
SAO PAULO, Brazil (Reuters) – Brazilian soccer great Pele had a successful operation to remove a kidney stone yesterday, doctors in Sao Paulo said.Pele had the surgery at the Israelite Albert Einstein hospital.“The procedure was a success and the patient is back in his room,” a brief statement from doctors said.Considered by many as the game’s finest player and the only man to have won three World Cups, Pele had also been admitted to hospital in France last week after suffering a fever following an event in the city with French World Cup-winner Kylian Mbappe.He was soon released but his doctors in Brazil decided to admit him again when he returned home on Tuesday.The 78-year-old former Santos and New York Cosmos player has suffered from kidney and prostate problems and also had hip replacement surgery in recent years.
*Eagles to fly into Ndola Saturday to improve head-to-head against ChipolopoloDuro IkhazuagbeSuper Eagles Captain, John Mikel Obi, reassured Nigerians yesterday that the team is ready for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification battle against Zambia’s Chipolopolo.“We are all looking forward to the qualifying matches, starting with Sunday’s game in Zambia. Each and every one of us knows what it means – big battles that we have to win. We are ready for the challenge,” stressed the Chelsea FC player as Eagles round up preparations for the trip to take on Zambia on Sunday, October 9. Algeria’s Desert Foxes are Eagles next opponents on November 12 before four more matches in the qualification series next year. Mikel is unfazed by Zambia skipper, Rainford Kalaba’s boasts of the Chipolopolo picking all three points at stake in the Russia 2018 qualification opener.“Our target is to make the party to the World Cup in Russia. We cannot afford to be complacent. That is why this first game against Zambia, just like all the other matches mean so much to us (players),” stre.ssed Mikel who defied all odds to lead Nigeria’s Under-23 team to Olympic bronze medal in Brazil last AugustWith superior head-to-head against the Chipolopolo, Eagles are committed to improving Nigeria’s superior record against Zambia at senior international level, Nigeria has won six of 16 previous matches with Zambia at international level, drawing five and losing five.Zambia walloped Nigeria 5-1 in the first-ever encounter, a 1974 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match in Lusaka on July 15, 1973. Nigeria’s 3-2 win in the return leg in Lagos two weeks later was of no effect.Both teams battled to a 0-0 draw in Accra at the 1978 Cup of Nations, but Zambia then gained two successive 3-0 wins over Nigeria – a friendly in Lusaka in 1981 and a group phase clash at the 1982 Africa Cup of Nations in Libya.However, the Zambians have not beaten the Eagles in a competitive match in the past 31 years.Nigeria edged a memorable Africa Cup of Nations final in Tunis in 1994, and then prevailed over the Zambians 5-4 on penalties after a 0-0 draw in the quarter-finals of the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations in Angola. None of the 16 previous clashes was a World Cup qualifying match.Meanwhile, the Nigerian delegation to Zambia will depart from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Saturday.NFF officials confirmed yesterday that the team will arrive in time for an evening training session at the Levy Nwanawasa Stadium in Ndola.Apart from the 23 players and 15 team officials that will be on the flight, there will be some top officials of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, some members of the National Assembly, few members of the NFF Executive Committee and Management, some NFF staff and some stakeholders including media representatives.“We have allocated slots to some stakeholders because it is a chartered flight and a number of seats are available after the players and team officials have taken their seats.“The NFF is not paying anybody for being on the trip. We don’t have the money. All the stakeholders on the trip will be there simply to support the team during the game. We have told the persons involved that they will pay for their own board and lodging, and they have accepted to do that,” said NFF 2nd Vice President, Shehu Dikko.Dikko, who is also chairman of the League Management Company, further stressed: “In the near future, we would look at the possibility of commercialising this kind of opportunity. If you give out, say 80 seats, to persons who can pay for them on 145-seater aircraft, you can raise some good money for the team. It is a practice firmly in place in some climes.”FOR THE RECORD15 July 1973: Zambia 5 Nigeria 1 (Lusaka, AFCON Qualifier)29 July 1973: Nigeria 3 Zambia 2 (Lagos, AFCON Qualifier)10 March 1978: Zambia 0 Nigeria 0 (Accra, Africa Cup of Nations)25 July 1981: Zambia 3 Nigeria 0 (Lusaka, International friendly)13 March 1982: Nigeria 0 Zambia 3 (Benghazi, AFCON)10 August 1985: Nigeria 0 Zambia 0 (Lagos, AFCON Qualifier)18 August 1985: Zambia 1 Nigeria 0 (Lusaka, AFCON Qualifier)12 March 1990: Nigeria 2 Zambia 0 (Annaba, AFCON)10 April 1994: Nigeria 2 Zambia 1 (Tunis, AFCON final)15 December 1997: Zambia 2 Nigeria 0 (Lusaka, International friendly)17 December 1997: Zambia 0 Nigeria 0 (Kitwe, International friendly)13 January 2001: Nigeria 1 Zambia 0 (Lagos, AFCON Qualifier)24 March 2001: Zambia 1 Nigeria 1 (Chingola, AFCON Qualifier)25 January 2010: Zambia 0 Nigeria 0 (Lubango, AFCON. Nigeria won 5-4 on penalties)15 November 2011: Nigeria 2 Zambia 0 (Kaduna, International friendly)25 January 2013: Zambia 1 Nigeria 1 (Nelspruit, AFCON)Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersRandle made just one of two free throws to tie the game at 97 with 1:54 left. Though he made a 3-pointer on the previous possession to cut the deficit to one, Russell then airballed a 3-pointer and clanked another. And Ingram committed a costly turnover with the Lakers trailing 102-97 with 44 seconds left.“You try to be aggressive on the next play,” said Ingram, who had 16 points on 7-of-13 shooting. “Make the next play a better play. Learning from that and see what you can do better.”Yet, Lakers coach Luke Walton said those late-game miscues are “not nearly at the top of the priority list of what we need to get better at” as the Lakers (19-44) suffered their seventh consecutive loss. Instead, Walton highlighted “the waves of effort leading up to that are much more important in building consistency and being a team that can put together wins.” It went beyond the Pelicans boasting Anthony Davis (31 points), DeMarcus Cousins (26) and Jrue Holiday (20) in double figures.After loving the Lakers’ ball movement that led to a 59-55 halftime lead, the Lakers experienced two long third-quarter stretches in which they could not buy a bucket. LOS ANGELES >> As the outlook on the Lakers’ young players still appears fuzzy, one troubling reality looks pretty clear.The Lakers lack a closer they can lean on in crunch time. The Lakers also often fall apart in the third quarter.The Lakers’ 105-97 loss to New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday at Staples Center became official once the Lakers failed to become clutch.After rallying from a 14-point deficit, the Lakers’ young core — D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Brandon Ingram — all showed their collective inexperience and success with the game on the line. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error First, the Lakers missed eight consecutive shots and committed three turnovers during a 4-minute, 30-second stretch early in the third quarter. Less than two minutes later, the Lakers missed seven more consecutive shots and committed two more turnovers for another stretch that lasted 4 minutes and 24 seconds.The Lakers were outscored 28-14 in the third quarter while shooting 5 of 22 from the field.“We should’ve built a 15-point lead in the third,” Walton said. “That is a good lesson if we’re opening our minds and looking for these lessons. If you have an opportunity get on a team, you take that. We didn’t do it.”That’s because Walton believed the Lakers “were settling for 3-pointers on the fast break.” Walton then added, “which I’m fine with, if we’re hitting them. But at some point, go in and take the layup.”Russell criticized himself after scoring 16 points, making 7 of 20 from the field, including a 2-of-11 clip from 3-point range, with seven assists and six turnovers. Russell admitted, “we were settling for 3s including myself instead of getting layups.”Russell, however, defended his overall approach toward the 3-point line.“I could see it if I was forcing ones or whatever,” Russell said. “I missed a lot of wide-open ones and they capitalized on the other end.” Walton saw things a little differently.“Whether you missed nine straight or not, I want you taking that 3 if you’re him. The 3s we don’t want are when the ball hasn’t moved side to side or if it’s only been one pass, two passes and we haven’t put any pressure on the defense,” Walton said. “That type of stuff and that recognition comes with experience.”But as the Lakers gain experience, they believe they still have lacked one thing.“It’s our effort the whole game,” Russell said. “Our mind has to change.”