Tag: 上海干磨论坛

QSST Wins 18’s Boys Title

first_imgThe teams were locked at 5-all at half-time before QSST ran away with the game in the second half. NSWCCC got out to a perfect start, scoring in their first set of six when Wesley Sefuiva combined with Josh Rozairo to send Jonathan Huskins over on the wing. QSST were quick to hit back however, capitalising on a CCC mistake which saw Jackson Luke score on the wing to level the score at 1-all. QSST hit the lead soon after, when Marlon Doak scored on the wing in the fifth minute to take a 2-1 lead. The experienced duo of Sefuiva and Rozairo were quick to retaliate, levelling the score one minute later before reclaiming the lead when Macauley Dawson was the recipient of a great long ball to take a 3-2 lead. Down the other end of the field, Mathew Couper was on the receiving end of a long ball similar to the touchdown prior, levelling the score at 3-all. Luke put his QSST team in front soon after, scoring his second touchdown for the game, showing plenty of speed as he ran down the far wing to score.  Huskins then scored his second for NSWCCC in the 11th minute, after being on the receiving end of another great long ball, and locked things up at 4-all. Defence then took over, with both teams unable to score for the next seven minutes following plenty of touchdowns in the first stanza of the game.  It looked like QSST would take a one touchdown advantage into the half-time break when Luke Swan scored a touchdown in the final minute of the half. But NSWCCC were determined to lock things up, with Cade Price scoring after the siren to level the game at 5-all at half-time. QSST came back from the half-time break in blistering form, scoring the first four touchdowns of the half to take a 9-5 lead midway through the second half. NSWCCC captain, Sefuiva, led by example shortly after, stepping around the opposition to bring the difference back to three touchdowns, but a double to Theo Majid extended his side’s lead out to five touchdowns. Australian 18’s Boys representative, Mathew Couper, scored his second touchdown for the game, before CCC hit back through Andrew Heffernan. Player of the Final, Lachlan Pierce, continued his impressive game and scored his third touchdown of the half with 90 seconds remaining, to give QSST a six touchdown advantage and claim the title 13-7. NSWCCC’s Josh Rozairo was recognised for his impressive form throughout the event, being named Player of the Series. QSST 13 (Lachlan Pierce 3, Mathew Couper 2, Theo Majid 2, Jackson Luke 2, Jason Norford, Ashley Taylor, Marlon Doak, Luke Swan) defeated NSWCCC 7 (Jonathan Huskins 2, Wesley Sefuiva 2, Luke Tonegato, Andrew Heffernan, Macauley Dawson).Referees: David Baggio, Mick Medlin, Luke McKenzielast_img read more

Read more…

Warners Bay and Chancellor taste Schools Cup glory

first_imgEden RichardsThe girls of Chancellor State College and the boys of Warners Bay High School have taken out their respective divisions of the Harvey Norman National Schools Cup.Chancellor were near unstoppable against Helensvale in the Girls Grand Final, running out 8-3 winners in a one-sided affair.The girls from Sippy Downs scored the first four touchdowns of the match to lead 4-0 at half-time, before continuing to pile on the pressure in the second stanza.The score blew out to 6-0 early in the second half before Helensvale hit back to add some respectability to the scoreboard, but the damage had been done to give Chancellor a well-deserved victory.Courtney Fietz scored a double for the victors, while Nikiah Campbell crossed twice for Helensvale in what was a good performance in a losing side.After watching the girls leave it all on the field, it was time for the boys to show the onlookers on the Sunshine Coast what they were capable of.In what was an exciting contest, Warners Bay and St Edward’s College traded touchdowns early on in their grand final, with neither side able to form any sort of a lead.It hit 3-all halfway through the first half before Warners Bay began to run over the top of their opponents late in the first stanza.Warners Bay used their superior field position and strong possession to jump to a 6-4 lead at half-time, and St Edward’s were going to need a huge effort in the second 20 to mount a comeback.St Edward’s had to be the first to score in the second half and they did just that, crossing the line after a 12-minute stalemate in which both teams continued to turn the ball over.At 6-5 with five minutes to play it was anyone’s match to win, but Warners Bay simply wanted it more, crossing twice in a row to lead 8-5 with four minutes to go.St Edward’s scored a consolation touchdown in the dying minutes, but it was Warners Bay who secured a hard-fought victory.Joshua Fredrickson and Kobe Mcwilliams scored doubles for Warners Bay, while Sandon Smith crossed twice for St Edward’s.last_img read more

Read more…