Give us a rundown of your day?Today was a relaxing day, where the team was able to sleep in and rest up until 2:30pm. We all gathered at this time for a team meeting to discuss and review what will be going on for the next few days, injury concerns and what needs to be done before game one on Friday. After the meeting we went to Waiwera Hot Springs to relax in the team environment.How is the team shaping up for the 2010 Trans Tasman?The team is looking very sharp and confident for the up coming Trans Tasman. Everyone is excited and looking forward to game one on Friday.What is the Atmosphere like in the team?The Team atmosphere is very special. The team has bonded like no other team I have played in. Being so close makes it easier for us to play together on the field.After a strong performance in the 2009 Trans Tasman series, what can we expect out of you this year?Personally I am just looking to play my role for the team which Bernie has given me. We also have a lot more set up attacking plays and looking forward to running them out on the field.Who is your most annoying team mate to room with? Explain?This is an easy question. Tony Eltakchi is easily the most annoying person to room with. He is always walking around in his g strings listening and dancing to his 1980’s music. My other 2 room mates, Ryan Pollock and Peter Norman are also very annoying.Touch Football Australia would like to thank Ben for answering some questions to give the Touch Football community back home an update of what has been happening on the Tour.
OTTAWA – There is nothing new about sexual harassment on Parliament Hill, says Employment Minister Patty Hajdu, but it is time to get serious about supporting its victims and stopping it from happening in the first place.“We talk a lot about getting women into politics and if we can’t actually protect the women staffers in our own workplaces, we have a long ways to go,” the Liberal minister said Monday after she opened the debate on proposed legislation to support safe federal workplaces.“This isn’t something that’s a brand new phenomenon,” she told a news conference. “What we’re saying is actually what women have been saying, which is ‘time’s up,’ that it’s time to take action, and that we have the tools to do so.”The legislation, introduced last fall, is aimed at giving workers and employers a clear course of action to better deal with allegations of bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct.Later Monday, MPs agreed with a motion tabled by NDP House leader Ruth Ellen Brosseau to fast-track the legislation, known as Bill C-65, sending it straight to the House of Commons human resources committee for further study.The proposed changes would merge separate labour standards for sexual harassment and violence, subjecting them to the same scrutiny and dispute resolution process, which could mean bringing in an outside investigator to review allegations.The proposed rules, which also apply to banks, transportation, telecommunications and other federally regulated industries, would enforce strict privacy rules to protect victims of harassment or violence.Once passed, the legislation would also allow anyone unhappy with how a dispute is being handled to complain to the labour minister, who could step in to investigate and order sanctions for employers.The new rules would also — for the first time — bring parliamentary staff under the protection of the Canada Labour Code.Staffers would also have access to a neutral third party to examine their complaints, so that they are not forced to rely upon the MP or senator who employs them, especially if that person is also the alleged abuser.That aspect of the legislation has taken on increased significance as the #MeToo movement has reached Parliament Hill, including allegations against Liberal MP Kent Hehr, who resigned from cabinet last week pending an investigation.Last week also saw Patrick Brown step down as leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives, months ahead of a provincial election, following a CTV News report that included an allegation of sexual misconduct stemming from his time as a Conservative MP.And then Monday, a report by Maclean’s magazine said the federal Conservative party was aware of an allegation of sexual assault against former Ontario MP Rick Dykstra, yet allowed him to remain on the ballot in the 2015 campaign.Dykstra, who left his post as president of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives over the weekend, has not returned a request for comment.The Liberals asked the opposition parties for the debate on Bill C-65 last week, before the allegations against Brown came to light.“It’s a culture where people who are victims of harassment or sexual violence do not feel safe to bring those complaints forward,” Hajdu said Monday in the House of Commons.Conservative MP Michelle Rempel responded with an impassioned speech on how what life can be like for women on the Hill, where many influential people, often with big egos, work long hours with others in precarious positions.She added that “for all the talk of feminism,” women at all levels are still used as “photo op props” and remain vulnerable to abuse.“We are still given hugs and cheek kisses that linger a bit too long,” she said. “To fit in, we still laugh at the lewd jokes and maybe even tell one ourselves, to be considered safe to socialize with and one of the boys.”She said women are shamed for standing up for themselves as well as for choosing to stay silent.“These things are used to control us, to demean us, and to silence us.”Rempel urged everyone who witnesses harassment to speak up, rather than forcing victims to do it themselves.“We cannot be bystanders any longer,” she said, calling on the government to require everyone — from volunteers and interns to MPs and ministers — to take training on how to prevent sexual harassment from happening in the first place.Of the report on how her own party handled allegations against Dykstra, she said: “Those people should be ashamed of themselves.”— Follow @smithjoanna on Twitter
New Delhi: A section of AIIMS faculty members have termed as “arbitrary and illegal” the administration’s imposition of conditions for holding a session to discuss caste discrimination at institutes of higher learning, and said it was an attempt to curb their fundamental rights.The organisers have postponed the event, which was to be held on Monday, in protest and have also sought revocation of the terms. A group of doctors, belonging to the forum AIIMS Front for Social Consciousness, had decided to hold a discussion on the topic “Ambedkar’s views on Social Relations: Caste discrimination in Institutions of Higher Learning” and had written to the administration to book a lecture hall for the same. In its reply, the AIIMS registrar issued certain directions for the event to be conducted. Also Read – Odd-Even: CM seeks transport dept’s views on exemption to women, two wheelers, CNG vehicles”No society/forum/association has been allowed to host or participate in the event. No political discussions should be held. No press/media coverage should be done and no press release should be issued without specific approval of the Director AIIMS, as this is being held within the AIIMS premises,” the conditions stated. Professors from the Hindu college and the IIT-Delhi, besides some faculty members, were scheduled to participate in the event. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarThe response from the administration triggered a resentment among a section of doctors who termed it as an attempt to curb their fundamental rights and held a meeting with the director. In a communique to the AIIMS administration over their response, a senior doctor representing the group said the order was “arbitrary and illegal” by any parameter of democratic governance and that it prompted them to hold a meeting with the director over the proposed meeting. The faculty members said the director conveyed that after the election gets over on May 19, the conditions will cease to exist.
Tennis fans were disappointed this weekend when Serena Williams backed out of the Italian Open before her semifinal match. Clay has perennially been her worst surface. Williams said backing out was the best way to prevent any further injuries—just before the summer stretch of the French Open, Wimbledone and the U.S. Open—after she had been complaining about pains in her lower back.“I [felt] a little bit of ache and pain and don’t want to go out there and start compensating and eventually hurt something else,” Serena told reporters.Serena’s withdrawal means that Li Na, the reigning French Open champion, will automatically advance to the finals in Rome.According to Williams this isn’t the first time her back has been a problem since she began playing in the Italian Open. Earlier this week she was reported saying, “It was feeling a little stiff and I don’t think this is the right moment to force [it]. I just want to relax and get ready for the next few months.” The decision has put an end to Serena’s streak of 17 consecutive victories. According to ESPN, several other players are nursing injuries as well, but there is no word out yet on whether there will be more withdrawals from the Italian Open.“Everyone. I’m sooooo sad and sorry I had to pull out of what has become my favorite tournament in Rome,” Serena tweeted. “Everyone has become so nice here in Rome and the tournament director is amazing. I will be here next year for sure.”Li Na will go on to compete with Maria Sharapova, the defending champion of the Rome Final, or Angelique Kerber of Germany.
The Ohio State men’s basketball team already dropped its final game of the regular season, but it raked in multiple individual awards Monday.Freshman guard D’Angelo Russell was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year as well as being named to the first-team All-Big Ten list by both coaches and media. Russell is the first Buckeye to win the conference Freshman of the Year award since Jared Sullinger in 2011.Russell also becomes the first Buckeye to be named first-team all-conference since DeShaun Thomas and Aaron Craft were both on the list in 2013.Russell finished his regular season campaign averaging 19.2 points per game, good for second in the Big Ten. He also led the Buckeyes in rebounds and was second on the team in assists.Joining Russell on the All-Big Ten freshman team is forward Jae’Sean Tate, who averaged 8.9 points per game this season, while ranking second on the team in total rebounds with 152.Tate earned the honors despite only starting 12 games this season after he stepped in for struggling sophomore forward Marc Loving six games into the Big Ten schedule. The Pickerington, Ohio, native averaged 10.7 points and five rebounds per game in conference play.In addition to Russell and Tate’s accolades, senior guard Shannon Scott and senior forward Sam Thompson were both honorable mention selections by the media.OSU is set to return to action on Thursday in Chicago in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament. The Buckeyes are scheduled to play the winner of the Minnesota vs. Rutgers matchup, which is set to be played Wednesday.
South Korea have appointed former Portugal national team coach Paulo Bento as their new coach. Bento has been appointed to become the South Korean men’s national team head coach.The Korea Football Association (KFA) made the announcement to the public at its headquarters in Seoul. Bento has signed a four-year deal with Korea that would see him take the national team to the next World Cup in Qatar in 2022.The 49-year-old has succeeded Shin Tae-yong who was in charge of the team at the just concluded FIFA World Cup in Russia. Shin wasn’t offered a new deal after his contract ran out at the end of the World Cup with the KFA looking to take the team in another direction.“After reviewing his plans, we believe Bento is a coach who can develop South Korean football if we can support and wait for him for four years,” Kim Pan-gon, the head of the Korea Football Association’s Technical Committee, told a press conference in Seoul on Friday, according to ESPN.South Korean fans will sue after Ronaldo snub Manuel R. Medina – July 30, 2019 Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo did not play in the Bianconeri against K-League All-Stars last Friday and the supporters were angry.Kim admitted that Bento had not been on his original shortlist of three candidates which were reported to include former Japan boss Vahid Halilhodzic and Quique Sanchez Flores who has coached extensively in Spain.“While we were in negotiations with the others, we heard that Bento had become available. We were excited with his results at Euro 2012 and while there were problems at the 2014 World Cup, he had already proven his leadership qualities.”Kim also dismissed worries about Bento’s time in China. “Even there, he improved and developed the team’s training. I have no worries at all about his ability.”
April 23, 2019 Updated: 4:41 PM San Diego City Council to consider regulations for dockless scooters and bicycles Posted: April 23, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The San Diego City Council will vote Tuesday on a regulatory package for dockless electric scooters, bicycles and the companies that own them.The package would limit the speed of dockless scooters from 15 mph to 8 mph in high-traffic areas areas like Spanish landing and near Petco park, and as low as 3 mph along the Embarcadero and the Martin Luther King Jr. Promenade.Scooter companies like Bird, Lime and Razor would be required to use geofencing technology on their scooters to limit speeds and parking abilities in designated areas around the city. Bird already uses geofencing to reduce scooter speeds in areas like the Santa Monica Beach Bike Path.Scooter riders would be banned from parking the devices near hospitals, schools, beach area boardwalks, the Petco Park perimeter and the north and south legs of the Embarcadero. The city also plans to designate scooter parking zones along city streets so as to decrease the number of scooters parked on sidewalks. In downtown, scooter riders and companies would only be able to park devices in groups of four, with at least 40 feet between groups.The city would also require that scooter companies obtain a six-month operational permit with a to-be-determined fee and pay $150 per scooter or bike each year to continue operating in San Diego. Companies could renew permits in January or June, at which time they could negotiate operating terms like fleet size, which they are not currently required to report to the city.The council’s Active Transportation and Infrastructure Committee unanimously approved the package in February and requested that it return to the committee within six months of its implementation for further review and to ensure the city is keeping pace with the evolution of technologies like geofencing.The council is scheduled to discuss and vote on the package at its 2 p.m. session. The council will meet in the City Administration Building’s 12th floor Council Chambers, located at 202 C St. KUSI Newsroom Categories: Local San Diego News, Politics FacebookTwitter
New Delhi, Oct 21 (ANI): To own a pet especially a dog was once considered to be an elite affair. But today it has become crucial; from a big business tycoon to a celebrity and even a common man, everyone owns a pet. And it’s no surprise that this reason has made the pet food market boom in a very short period of time. According to estimates, the pet industry in India has revenue earning potential of 56.5 million USD, out of which, around 40.3 million USD is contributed only by pet foods. With franchising entering the pet domain, the industry has witnessed unprecedented growth. And this growth has also given the sector new concepts.
Popular on Variety Spotify’s founder Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon have signaled their intention to sell more shares in the company, according to the Swedish publication Di Digital, citing SEC filings registered Oct. 1 and 2 that were not available digitally at press time.When the most recent sale is completed, the pair will have sold approximately $221 million in stock of the company they founded in 2006.According to the report, Ek sold 336,213 shares $61.7 million worth of stock between July and September, and late last month signaled his intent to sell another $69.9 million sold in July–September for a total of $61.7 million.Lorentzon sold 317,800 shares between July and September for a total of $58.7 million, and in mid-September declared his intent to sell another 174,250 shares for $31.8 million. “Daniel will sell a small share of Spotify shares in the next nine months as part of his long-term financial strategy. This sale of shares will constitute a minimal part of his holding in the company,” Spotify rep Sofie Grant told the paper. Ek and Lorentzon declined comment.The pair still own a large percentage of the company: The sale decreases each of the founders’ total holdings in the company by approximately half a percentage point: Ek’s goes from 8.8% to 8.3%, while Lorentzon’s drops from 12.2 to 11.8. Lorentzon remains the company’s top shareholder and Ek its third, with Tencent, which acquired 10% of the company in a stock swap late last year, at No. 2 ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15
Get the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailThe A5 is closed in both directions between the M6 and Cannock following an accident this evening. Staffordshire Police are leading the response to the accident, between junction 12 of the motorway and the A4601, south of Cannock. It is unclear how many vehicles are involved in the accident, which is understood to have taken place at around 10pm. We do not have any information on whether anyone has been injured, but the road is expected to remain closed for several hours as a result of the accident. A Highways England spokesman said: “The A5 is closed in both directions, between the A4601, just south of Cannock and the M6 J12, due to a collision, led by Staffordshire Police. “Information from scene indicates that the A5 will remain closed for a few hours.” Read MoreFour roads closed due after road accident brings down power cables Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes for now. We will bring you more on this story as we get it.