Tag: 夜上海论坛LK

Canada reports first coronavirus death as number of infected climbs

first_imgCanada on Monday reported its first death from the new coronavirus as the number of people in the nation who have contracted the disease rose to above 70, officials said.The dead man had been living in a nursing home, the Lynn Valley Care Centre in North Vancouver, British Columbia’s chief health officer Bonnie Henry told a news conference.”We unfortunately have had a death here in British Columbia,” Henry said. Topics : The man was one of two residents infected at the long-care facility with no recent travel history. Henry said the dead man was in his 80s and had a number of underlying medical conditions.Canada now has at least 71 presumptive and confirmed cases of the virus that causes the respiratory illness COVID-19, up from 51 on Friday and nine more than reported on Sunday.Virus outbreaks are especially problematic in nursing homes because residents live in close quarters and tend to have weaker immune systems and underlying health conditions, so infections can spread easily.On Saturday, Henry said two Lynn Valley residents had contracted the virus from one of the facility’s health workers who had been infected.center_img “The risk to the general population within Canada is still low, but this could change rapidly,” Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief medical officer, said earlier on Monday.In a potential sign of future challenges, Reuters reported that millions of face masks stockpiled by Ontario to protect healthcare workers during a future epidemic have expired.That raises questions about the readiness of Canada’s most populous province to deal with the spreading coronavirus.In the central province of Alberta, medical officials said the number of cases had risen to seven from four, all of which were linked to people who had traveled.The novel coronavirus that emerged in central China in December has now spread to more than 100 countries and infected over 110,000 people worldwide with more than 3,800 deaths.Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government says it will help people who are forced into quarantine due to the virus. Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland told legislators on Monday there would also be extra support for the healthcare system.Canada is also now urging people not to take cruise ship vacations.Canada is poised to repatriate more than 200 citizens aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship, which is due to dock in Oakland, California after an outbreak on the vessel carrying some 3,500 passengers and crew. last_img read more

Read more…

Arsenal board add major restrictions to Unai Emery summer plans

first_img Comment Fraser is a wanted man (Picture: Getty)The Spaniard would like to add to his creaking defence as well, which would likely mean he would have to move others out.AdvertisementAdvertisementEmery is more than willing to have a summer clearout, however, and is willing to put seven players up for sale.Those on the market include Shkodran Mustafi, Mesut Ozil, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mohamed Elneny, Carl Jenkinson, Calum Chambers and David Ospina. Ozil could be put up for sale (Picture: Getty)Whether they can find suitors for all of them is another question.Arsenal take on Wolves on Wednesday night, looking to strengthen their claim for a top-four spot, having slipped outside the Champions League places on Tuesday.Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Burnley saw them move above the Gunners but a win over Wolves can see them return to fourth.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Emery is set to have limitations placed on his spending (Picture: /Getty Images)Unai Emery is set to find himself incredibly restricted in the summer transfer window as Arsenal chiefs tighten the belt on funds.The former Paris Saint-Germain boss is set to have a budget of around £40million to spend – although that could rise to around £75m if he delivers the Gunners into the Champions League – but how he chooses to use that sum could prove problematic.Emery has been told by Arsenal’s hierarchy that the wage bill needs to be kept under control, which could see him need to sell before he can buy, according to the Mirror.A new wide forward is believed to be his priority, with Bournemouth’s Ryan Fraser thought to be a good-value option as he approaches the end of his contract but Emery also wants to add to other areas of the pitch.ADVERTISEMENT Arsenal board add major restrictions to Unai Emery summer planscenter_img Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 24 Apr 2019 9:37 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link220Shares Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Read more…

Onazi Drags Lazio to FIFA over Unpaid Wages

first_imgNigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has concluded plans to take his former club Lazio to FIFA over unpaid wages, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report.A source close to the player told AfricanFootball.com that the hard working Trabzonspor of Turkey midfielder is not happy that he is being owed two months’ salary by the Italian Serie A club.“Onazi is taking Lazio to FIFA over-unpaid salary,” the source told onlyAfricanFootball.com“He is not happy with them and has contacted Lazio over the issue but it seems they are not ready to pay. He served them letter to this effect already.”He is owed May and June salaries.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img

Read more…

Coronavirus: “Ghanaman facility ready for use an isolation centre”- GFA President

first_img Source: Ghana FA President of the Ghana Football Association, Kurt E.S Okraku, says the federation has handed over the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence to the government for use as isolation centre following successful dialogue with the Chiefs and people of Prampram.He made this revelation at the Ministry of Information’s media briefing on Thursday. The briefing was to give updates on government’s fight to beat the spread of the Coronavirus in Ghana.Initially, the plan to use the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence as an isolation centre did not sit well with the chiefs of Prampram but the GFA President stated they the FA had sat down with the town’s leaders to explain the decision and get their buy-in to make sure that the gesture would be a success to the nation’s benefit.“Following the passionate appeal by the President of the land H.E Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo Addo, asking all Ghanaians to join the fight against our biggest ‘enemy’, the Ghana Football Association, led by the Executive Council thought that, regardless of the fact that we have been going through our own ‘COVID-18’ in the period leading to Normalization and beyond, we will not sit down aloof for which reason we decided that we have a special facility in Prampram that can house up to 250 people.“It is strategically placed [so] we decided to offer this facility to the use of government as one of the isolation centres to treat our people, our colleagues, our brothers and sisters who live at Prampram and its environs.“Following that singular decision, we decided together with the support of the Ministry of Health and government officials to engage the chief, the elders and the Youth of Prampram and its environs.“In the last few days, we have gone through that process successfully and we can confidently say that the facility is ready to be used by the government free of charge to ensure that our brothers and sisters are well taken of.“Together we will win this battle and together we will bring our football back.The GFA has been vociferous during the period running campaigns across platforms to create awareness since the first COVID-19 case was reported in Ghana.The GFA has also suspended all football competitions as a precautionary measure.last_img read more

Read more…

Man United parade trophy to mark Ferguson’s retirement

first_imgA victory parade to mark Manchester United’s 20th league title and Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement has drawn thousands of fans on to the streets.Many supporters gathered at the club’s Old Trafford stadium as the open-top bus tour got under way.The parade travelled towards the city centre and arrived at Albert Square, where the bus was greeted by more fans.Sir Alex, who is retiring at the age of 71 after 26 years in Manchester, has won 38 trophies at Old Trafford.Speaking from the bus, the septuagenarian Scotsman thanked fans for their support over the years and for the reception he received at his final home game, United’s 2-1 win against Swansea City on Sunday.He said it had been “a day I will never forget – it was wonderful”. “It was something all my family enjoyed and the grandkids will never forget it.”‘Moment in history’The bus left the stadium via Sir Matt Busby Way – the road named after another celebrated United manager – at about 18:30 BST.Fans lined every part of the route from the stadium to the square, with police by 19:00 refusing entry to any more fans after the plaza and the surrounding streets filled to capacity.Some supporters ignited red flares, several climbed lamp posts for a view of the bus and others were seen leaning from windows and standing on rooftops. Many people travelled from far and wide to attend the parade, with some coming from as close as Stretford and others from as far away as South Africa.Famara Bojang from London said he had “come to the parade today as I wanted to be part of this moment in history”, while Darren Reid from Barrow-in-Furness said he had been to “every parade since 1999, but I’m obviously here this time to say goodbye to Fergie”.Ryan Giggs, who has played a part in virtually all of Sir Alex’s 38 trophies, said he was happy the manager – who joined the club from Aberdeen in November 1986 – was leaving with another piece of silverware to his name.He said: “It has been tough, especially for the players who have known him for a long time. We are delighted that we were able to end on a high and won the league in his last season.”During the celebrations in Albert Square, Manchester band The Courteeners played and United defender Rio Ferdinand led the crowd in singing songs about the club’s players.last_img read more

Read more…

Dodgers fall to Padres, enter All-Star break with 3-game home skid

first_imgIn a strange fifth inning sequence, Max Muncy lost an infield pop up in the sun before ducking for cover as the ball bounced off his back and into right field field.“It sucks,” Muncy said about the play. “It’s helplessness. It’s a kind of hopeless. Just one of those things where it’s a tiny object from the sky and the sun’s big and bright, and you can wear 48 pairs of sunglasses and it’s not going to matter. You’re not going to see it.”Austin Hedges got a double on Muncy’s mishap and Manuel Margot advanced to third with no outs. Stripling then struck out Padres starting pitcher Joey Lucchesi before being pulled for reliever Pedro Baez. That’s when Tatis broke the game open with his second home run and first career multi-homer game. It was Baez’s first home run allowed since March 31 against the Arizona Diamondbacks.“I thought Ross was good today,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “Unfortunately, we lost a ball in the sun and that happened, so that inning kind of spun out a little bit out of control. We had our best reliever in that spot.”Muncy ended the Dodgers’ mini two-game home run drought when he hit a solo blast to left field to cut the Padres’ lead 2-1 in the second inning. It was Muncy’s 22nd home run of the season. Entering Sunday’s game, the Dodgers were 52-17 when hitting at least one home run in a game. The long ball didn’t bail them out this time.The Padres got on the scoreboard early with a pair of solo home runs against Stripling to lead 2-0. Tatis hit his second career leadoff home run to start a game, and Margot managed to get his past a leaping Verdugo and over the center field wall in the second inning.Stripling managed to get himself out of a jam in the fourth inning after Greg Garcia grounded into a double play with runners on first and third. The play was reviewed to verify if Dodgers shortstop Chris Taylor tagged Franmil Reyes at second base before Hunter Renfroe crossed home plate. Stripling threw 71 pitches in 4 1/3 innings with four earned runs, six hits and three strikeouts.The Dodgers will now travel to Boston for a World Series rematch and a three-game series after four days off from the All-Star break.Most of the Dodgers shrugged at the losing streak before the break. They remember the 11-game losing streak in 2017 and having to play 163 games last year to win the division. Both years they made it to the World Series.“We got the same group here that’s in this locker room that knows what it’s like to finish out a 162-game schedule in the second half,” Stripling said. “We’ll be ready to play.” Tatis opened the game with a home run and essentially closed it with a three-run blast in the fifth inning to give the Padres a 5-1 advantage in front of an announced crowd of 44,171 at Dodger Stadium. It’s the first time the Dodgers have lost three straight at home since last August when they were swept by the Cardinals.In the first five meetings versus the Padres – four won by L.A. – the Dodgers didn’t have to worry about Tatis, who missed 34 games because of a hamstring injury. The Dodgers’ pitchers struggled versus the rookie shortstop for most of the four-game series. Tatis had five hits, four RBIs, four runs and two home runs in 15 at-bats. He went 0 for 3 on Saturday. At age 20, Tatis became the youngest player to record a multi-homer game at Dodger Stadium.“Tatis got kind of a show of how good he is and what competing against him for the next six years is going to look like,” Stripling said.The Dodger bats were once as hot as Tatis, but cooled off during the six-game homestand, which started with three wins. They hit .213 as a team on the homestand, and only recorded 11 runs versus the Padres. The Dodgers have a 37-12 home record and lead the division by 13.5 games.The Dodgers trimmed the deficit to two after a home run from Justin Turner in the sixth inning and an RBI single from Alex Verdugo in the seventh. PreviousSan Diego Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr., right, celebrates with Eric Hosmer after hitting a three-run home run during the fifth inning of a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr., right, hits a three-run home run as Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Austin Barnes watches during the fifth inning of a baseball game Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill) SoundThe gallery will resume insecondsSan Diego Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr., right, gestures as he scores after hitting a three-run home run as Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Austin Barnes stands at the plate during the fifth inning of a baseball game Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres’ Manuel Margot is congratulated by teammates after hitting a solo home run during the second inning of a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Dodgers’ Max Muncy gestures after hitting a solo home run during the second inning of a baseball game against the San Diego Padres, Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. makes a catch on a ground ball hit by Los Angeles Dodgers’ Austin Barnes during the second inning of a baseball game Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. Barnes was thrown out at first on the play. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. throws out Los Angeles Dodgers’ Austin Barnes during the second inning of a baseball game Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. Barnes was thrown out at first on the play. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres’ Manuel Margot, left, hits a solo home run as Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Austin Barnes watches during the second inning of a baseball game Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Dodgers relief pitcher Ross Stripling throws to the plate during the first inning of a baseball game against the San Diego Padres, Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres starting pitcher Joey Lucchesi throws to the plate during the first inning of a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)San Diego Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr., right, celebrates with Eric Hosmer after hitting a three-run home run during the fifth inning of a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)NextShow Caption1 of 10San Diego Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr., right, celebrates with Eric Hosmer after hitting a three-run home run during the fifth inning of a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Sunday, July 7, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)ExpandLOS ANGELES — The Dodgers head into the All-Star break with the best record in the majors and a double-digit-game lead in the National League West.But those feats were tempered on Sunday by a lost ball in the sun and a showcase from Fernando Tatis Jr., as the Dodgers fell to the San Diego Padres 5-3 to end the first half of the season on a three-game losing streak.“Just kind of the dog days of summer,” Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling said. “You ride the waves of 162 games and right now we’re at a little bit of a low point.”The setback gave the Dodgers their longest skid since dropping six straight to the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers in April. But four of those losses were in St. Louis. This latest losing streak has taken place at Dodger Stadium, where the Dodgers (60-32) rarely lost before Tatis and the Padres (45-45) arrived this weekend.center_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

Read more…