FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Fifa will make a $10million donation to the World Health Organisation to support efforts to tackle the coronavirus pandemic. The president of football’s global governing body, Gianni Infantino, announced the move in a statement on Tuesday, in which he also confirmed the organisation would accept requests from Uefa and CONMEBOL to postpone the Euro 2020 and Copa America tournaments that were due to be staged this summer. Both competitions have been pushed back 12 months in order to give domestic leagues that are currently under suspension due to the Covid-19 outbreak the extra space in the calendar that will be needed to finish their respective seasons. Fifa’s new-look Club World Cup, which had been scheduled for the summer of 2021, will be moved to a later date. Gianni Infantino: FIFA ready to partner to fight the virus to the finishAdvertisement Promoted ContentA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of ArtThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeUnusual And Unique Beauty Of Indian WomenCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutPretty Awesome Shows That Just Got Canceled6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth Loading… Infantino also said it was his intention to establish a Global Football Assistance fund in order to “help members of the football community affected by this crisis”. Clubs around the world are facing financial difficulty because of a lack of matchday revenue, leaving players and staff in fear going unpaid. The statement said: “The world is facing an unprecedented health challenge and clearly a global and collective response is needed. Cooperation, mutual respect and understanding must be the guiding principles for all decision makers to have in mind at this crucial moment in time. “Particularly in football, finding appropriate and fair solutions at global level is imperative. This requires unity, solidarity and a shared sense of responsibility and we need to think of all those around the world potentially impacted by our decisions. Read Also Chelsea joins medical response to coronavirus outbreak “In the meantime, and thanks to its solid financial situation, FIFA is in a position to propose proactive solidarity measures specifically targeting the corona virus disease crisis.”
SILVER BAY, Minn. – The second year of IMCA.TV, the Official Network of IMCA Racing, kicks it up a notch with an impressive schedule of 70-plus races from all over the United States and Canada with a number available included in Monthly Subscription.A refresh of the service is set for June 20. The primary focus of the service will be hardcore IMCA racing coverage including full shows and feature races.In an effort to make live streaming more affordable to fans, a number of races will be included in the standard monthly subscription rate of only $19.99. Current subscribers will be locked in at the lower 2015 rate until the event they cancel.IMCA.TV coverage schedule includes a combination of all the big events, historic racing series, new shows and weekly racing tracks that dot the racing landscape. Fans will be able to catch the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s, Duel in the Desert, Nights of Stars, Dakota Classic Modified Tour, Harris Clash, Cheesehead Triple Crown, Frost Busters, national banquet and much more.The momentum for the IMCA.TV service continues to build after parent company X.CELERATED recently agreed to a multi year extension with IMCA.“We are ecstatic that fans of IMCA will have one home to watch our events in 2016 and beyond,” stated IMCA President Brett Root. “After a year of learning and understanding the interests of our viewing audience, the service has been revised to include a wide selection of IMCA events, a focus on racing footage and much more complete resource promoting the IMCA tracks, racers, series, and the sanctioning body in one spot.”All the events on IMCA.TV will be showcased with stunning TV-style production including multiple cameras, interviews, segments, and instant replay. Select events will be available in Standard Definition or High Definition (HD) streaming.Events will be available with a monthly subscription or premium pay per view. In addition, all IMCA.TV scheduled events will be highlighted exclusively on IMCA.TV official social media channels for fans to enjoy.To get connected Follow/Like/Subscribe to @WATCHIMCA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. To get more information on IMCA.TV visit: www.imca.tv . ORDER TODAY: WWW.IMCA.TV #IMCATV16 Where America Comes to Watch Races.
Wright331 Area Total311-3 Kossuth85 Floyd19 Confirmed CasesNew Cases Wright1881 Winnebago11 Kossuth12-2 Butler12 Cerro Gordo18 Floyd151 Franklin13-1 Floyd1 Winnebago10 Deaths Mitchell4 Area Total3 Wright Mitchell Franklin6 Worth Cerro Gordo1 DES MOINES — After the numbers of COVID-19 cases in our listening area jumped in the last two weeks, the 24-hour period from 11:00 AM Tuesday to 11:00 this morning saw only one new case reported in our listening area.According to the Iowa Department of Public Health’s coronavirus website, only one new case was reported during that time frame, the lone case being in Wright County. There were four corrections in county totals made in our listening area, with two cases being reduced from Kossuth County and single cases being subtracted from Butler and Franklin.The total number of COVID-19 cases reported in our listening area now sits at 311 — 188 in Wright;, 29 in Cerro Gordo; 19 in Floyd; 16 each in Butler and Hancock; 13 in Franklin; 12 in Kossuth; 11 in Winnebago; four in MItchell; and three in Worth. Seven more local cases have recovered — five in Kossuth and one each in Floyd and Wright — for a total of 117.Looking at the state totals, only 54 more cases of COVID-19 were reported in the same 24-hour period for a total now of 20,010.Six more deaths were reported for a total of 566.321 more people have recovered for a total of 11,925. Butler16-1 Worth3 Hancock16 RecoveredNew Recovered Kossuth Mitchell4 Franklin Hancock Worth3 Cerro Gordo29 Butler1 Area Total1177 Hancock8 Winnebago
Pittsburgh Pirates’ Gerrit Cole throws against the San Francisco Giants in the first inning of the baseball game on Tuesday, June 11, 2013, in Pittsburgh. It was Cole’s major league debut. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic)PITTSBURGH (AP) — Having won the World Series two of the last three seasons, the San Francisco Giants have rarely been an afterthought.They were role players, however, when Gerrit Cole made his major league debut Tuesday night, taking a shutout into the seventh inning and hitting a two-run single in his first at-bat to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 victory over San Francisco.The top pick in the 2011 draft, the right-hander allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 1-3 innings after being called up from Triple-A Indianapolis earlier in the day. He began his highly touted career with a three-pitch strikeout — all 96 mph fastballs — of Gregor Blanco and struck out two overall. He did not walk a batter.“We knew he had big-time talent and he showed it,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. “He had good command of his pitches, he located pretty well and did a good job of keeping us off balance with his breaking pitch to go with the fastball.”While Cole commanded his pitches, Pirates reliever Tony Watson gave the Giants a scare. The left-hander hit second baseman Marco Scutaro with a pitch on the left pinkie in the seventh inning.The pitch bent the finger backward and Scutaro left for a pinch-runner. However, X-rays were negative and the Giants averted losing their second infielder to the disabled list in the same day. Third baseman Pablo Sandoval went on the DL before the game with a strained ligament in his left foot.Scutaro thought his finger was broken and was concerned that he might miss some playing time.“It was bent, like a snake,” Scutaro said. “If you try to pull it straight, it goes back down. It looks pretty bad. I guess what they said is it’s not broken but I don’t really know.”Pedro Alvarez went 3 for 3 with a home run to back Cole. Starling Marte also homered and Andrew McCutchen and Russell Martin had two hits each.San Francisco put two runners on in the first and loaded the bases in the second against Cole (1-0) but failed to score in either inning.Cole then set down 13 in a row, starting with Scutaro’s flyout to end the second. The Giants finally broke through in the seventh inning, but the Pirates had built a 5-0 lead by then.Many of the 30,614 in attendance cheered every move made by the pitcher who is expected to be the Pirates’ ace of the future.“Really, I couldn’t have asked for anything better,” Cole said. “The guys played great defense and we scored a lot runs. I was able to take us pretty deep into the game and I even got lucky and got a hit. It’s tough to draw it up any better than this.”The sizable crowd for a weekday game, though, caused problems for the organization, which instituted a new security measure for fans entering the stadium. The use of electronic wands slowed down the entrance procedure and Pirates President Frank Coonelly issued an apology during the game.Tim Lincecum (4-6) gave up four runs — two earned — on seven hits in 4 2-3 innings while striking out four and walking two. It was the two-time Cy Young Award winner’s fourth loss in his last five starts.“I kind of put myself in some holes with some pitches that weren’t really even close to the zone,” Lincecum said. “I really wasn’t challenging the zone with quality strikes. When I did throw quality strikes, they put them in play and hurt us.San Francisco reliever George Kontos, who gave up a two-run home run to Alvarez in the seventh inning, was ejected for hitting McCutchen with a pitch in rear in the eighth. There were a total of four hit batters in the game.“It was the right thing to do,” Bochy said of the ejection. “Both benches had been warned and George hit him. That’s the way it goes in that situation.”Cole snapped a scoreless tie when he lined a two-run single into right field in the second inning with one out and the bases loaded. Cole did not have hit during his two seasons in the minor leagues, going 0 for 6 with three strikeouts.“I got totally lucky there,” Cole said with a grin. “That’s my first hit since high school. It’s been a long time and I wasn’t expecting it.”Martin, Alvarez and Walker singled to load the bases with no out. After first baseman Brandon Belt reached two rows into the stands to catch Clint Barmes’ foul pop, Cole delivered in his first plate appearance.Lincecum was knocked out during a two-run fifth that pushed Pittsburgh to a 4-0 lead. Marte’s solo home run, his sixth, made it 5-0 in the sixth.San Francisco closed to 5-2 in the seventh when pinch-hitter Brett Pill drove in a run with a ground out.The Pirates answered with three runs in the bottom of the seventh to increase the lead to 8-2. Martin singled in a run and Alvarez hit his two-run homer, his 14th.“We put some pressure on (Cole) early but we just couldn’t get the big two-out hits when we needed them,” Bochy said. “We didn’t take advantage of what opportunities we had.”NOTES: San Francisco recalled INF Nick Noonan from Triple-A Fresno to take Sandoval’s roster spot. Joaquin Arias started at third base. … Pittsburgh placed LHP Wandy Rodriguez on the 15-day DL with tightness in his left forearm to open a roster spot for Cole. RHP Charlie Morton, who had Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last June, is expected to come off the DL and pitch Thursday against the Giants in Rodriguez’s place. … Giants LHP Barry Zito (4-4, 4.06) faces Pittsburgh LHP Francisco Liriano (4-2, 1.75) on Wednesday night.
Mikael Samuelsson’s third period goal snapped a 2-2 tie to lift the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 victory over the Blackhawks in NHL Stanley Cup Playoff action Sunday night at the United Centre in Chicago.The win gives Vancouver a stranglehold on the best-of-seven series leading 3-0. Game four is Tuesday in Chicago at 5 p.m. PDT. Samuelsson backhanded a rebound past Chicago goalie Corey Crawford after the Canucks had just killed off a penalty.Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp scored power play goals for the Hawks.Christian Ehrhoff and Daniel Sedin scored 54 seconds apart to give the Canucks a brief 2-1 lead.The story of the game was Canuck goalie Roberto Luongo who faced 32 shots. Most of the shots came in the first period where Chicago had four power plays, including a two-man advantage.Luongo stopped Patrick Kane on a point-blank shot at Patrick Sharp on a blast from near the slot area.
ARCADIA, Calif. (June 22, 2016)–A two-time graded stakes winner at Santa Anita this past winter, slow starting Kobe’s Back, along with sharp recent allowance winner Lord Nelson, and multiple stakes winner Subtle Indian, head a powerful field of eight sprinters in Saturday’s Grade I, $300,000 Triple Bend Stakes at seven furlongs.First run as the Lakes and Flowers Handicap at Hollywood Park in 1952, the Triple Bend, named for owner Frank McMahon’s 1972 Santa Anita Handicap winner, will be contested for the 65th time on Saturday and be run for third consecutive year at Santa Anita. THE GRADE I TRIPLE BEND STAKES IN POST POSITION ORDER WITH JOCKEYS & WEIGHTS Race 8 (of 9) Approximate post time 5 p.m. PDT KOBE’S BACK: Notoriously tardy from the gate, he added blinkers three starts back and responded with a couple of impressive Grade II wins. On Feb. 7, he took the six furlong Palos Verdes and on March 12, he annexed the seven furlong San Carlos Stakes. In his most recent start on Kentucky Derby Day, May 7, he was away in customarily slow fashion and rallied well to be third, beaten 1 ¾ lengths, in the Grade II, seven furlong Churchill Downs. With a 10-3-2-2 record at seven furlongs and a 6-3-2-0 mark at Santa Anita, conditions would appear to be to order for the 5-year-old son of Flatter who has Santa Anita’s Grade I Breeders’ Cup Sprint on Nov. 5 at the top of his 2016 agenda. Owned by Lee and Susan Searing’s CRK Stable and trained by Peter Eurton, he’ll be accompanied for the 11th consecutive time by Gary Stevens on Saturday. With an overall record of 19-5-3-3, Kobe’s Back is the leading money earner in the field with earnings of $1,000,250. LORD NELSON: In his first start for B.Wayne Hughes’ Spendthrift Farm, Lord Nelson overcame a six month absence to run perhaps the best race of his career in winning a third condition allowance here on June 3 going six furlongs. Third to last year’s Eclipse Award winning sprinter, Run Happy, two starts back in the Grade I, seven furlong Malibu Stakes Dec. 26, Bob Baffert’s Lord Nelson was a winner at three of the Grade II, seven furlong San Vicente Stakes here on Feb. 1, 2015 and has been no worse than third in three tries at the Triple Bend distance. A 4-year-old Kentucky-bred colt by Pulpit, Lord Nelson earned a career-best 99 Beyer Speed figure in his most recent win and could be the horse to beat on Saturday. Clever Royal–Martin Pedroza–120Kobe’s Back–Gary Stevens–122Cautious Giant–Fernando Perez–120Lord Nelson–Rafael Bejarano–120Ambitious Brew–Kent Desormeaux–120Subtle Indian–Mike Smith–120Home Run Kitten–Joe Talamo–120Coastline–Tyler Baze–120First post time on Saturday, Gold Cup at Santa Anita Day, is at 1:30 p.m. Admission gates will open at 11:30 a.m. For scratches, late changes and complete morning line information, please visit santaanita.com. SUBTLE INDIAN: Although he’s the speed of the race, multiple stakes winning Subtle Indian, who shipped west from Oaklawn Park to run a solid second in the Grade II, 6 ½ furlong Kona Gold Stakes here May 21, would appear to be a question mark at seven furlongs, but with “Big Money” Mike Smith taking over for the first time, he merits added respect. Second, beaten a length with regular rider Ramon Vasquez up, he set torrid splits of 21.40, 44.20 and 1:08.60 in the Kona Gold and went under by a length at the hands of multiple stakes winner Wild Dude. Trained by Robertino Diodoro, it’ll be up to Smith to ration his considerable early zip. Owned by Mercedes Stables, LLC, 4-year-old gelding Subtle Indian, who has never run as far as seven furlongs, has seven wins from 10 starts and has earnings of $540,300. TOUGH FIELD OF EIGHT 3-YEAR-OLDS & UP TO CONTEST 65TH RUNNING OF THE TRIPLE BEND
-Peter Young is off to race a weekend Omnium in Calgary.-A Blizzard contingent is going to Grande Prairie for a Challenge Cup road race. www.ferrisfastcycles.com **Submitted Pat Ferris won the 16 km Baldonnel time trial, Thursday night, with a time of 25:49. Sandy McDonald was second at 26:22 and Les Elliott only 2 seconds back in third. Roger St. Jean was 4th at 26:56 and Richard Wood 5th at 28:43. Ken Nix was 6th at 29:15, George Gamble 29:40, Sam Keats 29:57, Owen Giebelhaus 30:28 and Brandon Joice 37:03.- Advertisement – Thanks to Bob Andrews and Larry Joice for timing! Coming up:-Colter Young placed 16th at the Canada Games road race in PEI and continues with the criterium, coming up next.Advertisement
At least one Environment Canada metetorologist is hedging weekend forecast bets of temperatures as low as minus 30.When we talked to him yesterday, Doug Lundquist said this about the local five day forecast… [asset|aid=2221|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=e137aa097dd7405d34b2e8c5c3afa2cd-Doug Cold Weekend_1_Pub.mp3]It’s also worth noting, that even if we do hit minus 30 on Saturday, it will not be the coldest December 12th on record since 1942. That was in 1946, when the low was minus 37 .2 and that was more than three degrees warmer, than the coldest temperature, recorded on this date, which was minus 40.4, in 1977.- Advertisement –
SAN JOSE — In addition to filling the Erik Karlsson hole, the Sharks will be looking to absorb a major absence at forward on Friday.Evander Kane will miss the Sharks game against the Colorado Avalanche at SAP Center, sidelined by an injury that head coach Pete DeBoer says is unrelated to the head shot that he took from Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara on Tuesday.The Sharks coach declined the opportunity to label Kane’s injury as “upper or lower body,” saying that it’s “kind of in the …
3 January 2012 The price of petrol is set to drop by between five and six cents a litre at midnight on Tuesday.The price of the 93 grade petrol is decreasing by six cents.One litre of 95 unleaded will cost five cents less.Diesel would also be dropped by 20 cents per litre.Peter Noke of the South Africa Fuel Retailers Association said it was a great way to start the New Year.“We have a reduction in petrol of between 5 and 6 cents and on diesel between 20 and 21 cents a litre,” Noke said.Sapa