Tag: 郑州爱普锐科技怎么样

South Africa

first_imgNews June 18, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 South Africa to go further News Twitter arbitrarily blocks South African newsweekly and several reporters over Covid vaccine story Organisation South AfricaAfrica November 27, 2020 Find out more Follow the news on South Africa November 19, 2020 Find out more February 4, 2021 Find out morecenter_img Receive email alerts South AfricaAfrica The country started off as the spearhead of the Internet in Africa but in early June 2002, its parliament passed a controversial law to fight cyber-terrorism. The law’s opponents also criticised the government for moving to take over assignment of the country’s “.za” domain names.The explosion of the Internet in South Africa delighted Internet fans all over Africa. The country has far and away the most connections. It has been online since the mid-1990s, with the big advantage that nearly all the continent’s Internet traffic passes through its “backbones” (connection nodes enabling world-wide routing of messages). This gives South Africa a solid technological infrastructure to boost its own Internet growth.The road to democratising the Internet began about two years ago and the fruits are now visible. ISPs are flourishing and competition is fierce. The government is keen to get all sectors of the population online as quickly as possible. This has not yet happened but the steady growth in the number of Internet users is very promising.What kind of monitoring of what networks?Two events however clouded the picture in June 2002 – passage of a law to combat cyber-terrorism and the government’s move to take over attribution of “.za” domain names.Parliament passed the Electronic Communications and Transactions Bill with the declared aim of protecting the country against cyber-terrorism. South Africa had earlier signed the first international convention against cyber-crime in Budapest on 23 November 2001, along with 30 or so other countries (the United States, Canada, Japan and members of the Council of Europe).The new law was strongly criticised, especially by the Democratic Alliance party, which voted against it, and by Internet freedom organisations and private firms. The law allows telecommunications minister Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri to appoint inspectors to monitor telecommunications networks and their content, which they are authorised to seize.Private companies are worried about the government’s interference with e-commerce, even though the minister told parliament she did not intend to monitor traffic. Apart from economic interests, privacy and freedom of expression campaigners fear a lack of openness by the inspectors and wonder which communications networks they will monitor and what kind of data they will seek access to.Resistance over domain namesThe government’s decision to take over assignment of domain names has also sparked controversy. Until the measure allowing this was passed, it was done by a users’ group called NameSpace ZA, run by Mike Lawrie. The government says this should not be done by just one person working in the private sector.Lawrie says the move is plain nationalisation and is unacceptable because the degree of surveillance and control the government would have would threaten the independence of the Internet in the country. He has refused to comply with the new law and in June he switched some of his data and ISPs out of the country so as to protect them, he said, even if it meant being prosecuted.Links:The Internet users’ group Namespace ZAThe South African ISP Association ISPA Reports The 2020 pandemic has challenged press freedom in Africa RSF_en On eve of the G20 Riyadh summit, RSF calls for public support to secure the release of jailed journalists in Saudi Arabia News Help by sharing this information last_img read more

Read more…

Authorities block BBC’s Farsi-language website

first_img June 9, 2021 Find out more Call for Iranian New Year pardons for Iran’s 21 imprisoned journalists After Hengameh Shahidi’s pardon, RSF asks Supreme Leader to free all imprisoned journalists RSF_en ————-Create your blog with Reporters without borders: www.rsfblog.org News Organisation Iran: Press freedom violations recounted in real time January 2020 to go further Help by sharing this information Receive email alerts January 26, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Authorities block BBC’s Farsi-language website IranMiddle East – North Africa IranMiddle East – North Africa News March 18, 2021 Find out more News Follow the news on Iran News Reporters Without Borders today condemned the Iranian government’s censorship of the BBC’s Farsi-language website, which has been inaccessible within Iran since 18 January.Iranians are being deprived of an independent and very popular source of news, the press freedom organisation said, condemning the government’s Internet filtering, which has been stepped up in recent months. The authorities have offered no explanation for the BBC site’s sudden inaccessibility.When Iranians try to connect to the site, they now get a message saying, “Access to the site refused.” The BBC’s English-language site is still accessible. The BBC said it had contacted the Iranian government to demand an end to the filtering.The Farsi-language site has become one of the most important for Farsi speakers since its creation in 2001. It is also the BBC foreign-language site that receives the most visitors. Nearly 30 million connections were registered in December, half of them from within Iran.Many Iranian Internet users have asked the BBC how they can get round censorship. Reporters Without Borders points out that there is a Farsi version of its Handbook for Bloggers and Cyber-dissidents, which offers technical advice on how to circumvent this kind of filtering. It is available on its website at: http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=15050 February 25, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Read more…

Board to make appointment in April

first_img Board to make appointment in April The Board of Governors is seeking applicants for the following vacancy to be filled during its April 8 meeting: Supreme Court’s Bar Admissions Committee: One lawyer to serve a two-year term commencing July 1. This committee coordinates the work of the bench, bar, law schools, and bar examiners. Persons interested in applying for this vacancy may download the application from the Bar’s Web site, www.flabar.org, or should call Bar headquarters at (850) 561-5600, extension 5757, to obtain an application form. Completed applications must be submitted to the Executive Director, The Florida Bar, 651 East Jefferson Street, Tallahassee 32399-2300 no later than close of business, Friday, March 11. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. March 1, 2005 Regular News Board to make appointment in Aprillast_img read more

Read more…