Receive email alerts It was policemen who “set fire” to the independent daily Postoup on 19 August, Ukrainian interior minister Hennady Moskal said yesterday in Lviv. He said the police officers responsible have been identified and he has urged them to “confess everything. The fire caused a great deal of damage, destroying seven years of photo archives. The opposition of that time – then led by Viktor Yushchenko, now president – had described the fire as an attempt to intimidate an opposition newspaper.——————————————————————-20 August 2004 Newspaper office burned and journalist attackedReporters Without Borders called today on Ukrainian interior minister Mykola Bilokon to investigate “thoroughly and openly” a fire that destroyed part of the offices of the independent daily Postoup in the western town of Lviv on 19 August. It noted that the fire, which the authorities said was deliberately set, came two months before national presidential elections.It also called for a speedy enquiry into whether a 17 August attack on Dmytro Shkuropat, of the daily paper Iskra, in Zaporizhya (570 km south of Kiev), was related to his journalistic work.The early-morning fire at Postoup caused extensive damage, especially to the paper’s library. Managing director Andriy Bilous told Reporters Without Borders that a smaller fire had broken out at the paper’s offices a week earlier. He said the attacks were probably due to recently-published articles exposing abuses of power by regional officials. to go further Organisation Crimean journalist “confesses” to spying for Ukraine on Russian TV Ukrainian media group harassed by broadcasting authority UkraineEurope – Central Asia March 26, 2021 Find out more February 26, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Ukraine Help by sharing this information News Ukraine escalates “information war” by banning three pro-Kremlin media March 4, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 New government says it has identified those who set fire to newspaper last August News September 7, 2020 Find out more Journalist Shkuropat was attacked and knocked out in the street. His attacker made off with tapes of interviews containing criticism of corrupt local and regional authorities. Isrka’s director Vikto Ilichyov said the paper’s journalists had been threatened about two weeks earlier. UkraineEurope – Central Asia News News RSF_en
Read Also: UEFA set to decide on way forward for suspended Champions LeagueMilan are also said to be interested in the Portuguese shot-stopper who joined Sporting in 2017 and has a contract through to the summer of 2023, and who could be available for an affordable €16m this year.Maximiano has featured in 22 games for Sporting this season in what has been a breakthrough campaign for the shot-stopper, who is said to be one of the brightest stars in Portuguese football. Barcelona are interested in signing Sporting CP goalkeeper Luis Maximiano and believe he could be a long-term successor to Marc-Andre Ter Stegen. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your Mind5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks Loading… Diario Sport cite Portuguese sports newspaper A Bola as reporting that the 21-year-old has interested officials at the Camp Nou and they could be planning a summer move.Ter Stegen is the established number one at the Blaugrana but there are doubts surrounding the future of current back-up goalkeeper Neto, who joined last summer from Valencia but who could be on the move again this year.